Complaints Handling Procedure of Jacky Lewis Family Law
Our Complaints Policy
Jacky Lewis is committed to providing a high quality legal service to her clients. If something goes wrong, then she needs you to tell her about it. This will help her to improve her standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, then please contact Jacky Lewis with the details.
What Will Happen Next?
1. You will be sent an acknowledgement of your complaint within 7 days from Jacky Lewis receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. Your complaint will be investigated by Jacky Lewis.
3. Depending on the nature of your complaint, you may be invited to attend a meeting to discuss it further. This invitation will be made to you within 14 days from Jacky Lewis receiving your complaint.
4. Should a meeting take place, then within 14 days from the date of the meeting, Jacky Lewis will write to you setting out what was discussed and any solutions she has agreed with you.
5. If a meeting is not considered appropriate, then Jacky Lewis will explain why she does not think a meeting is appropriate and will respond to your complaint in writing within 14 days from sending you the acknowledgement letter, setting out a detailed written reply to your letter, including suggestions for resolving your concerns.
6. If, after receiving the letter, you are still not happy, then you should contact Jacky Lewis again to ask her to review her decision and consider any other points you wish to make.
7. Within 14 days from receiving your request for a review, Jacky Lewis will write to you with her final position on your complaint and explaining her reasons.
8. At this point, if you are still not satisfied and your case relates to mediation, then you can contact Resolution at www.resolution.org.uk and they will investigate your complaint for you. If your complaint does not relate to mediation, you can then contact the
Legal Ombudsman at
PO Box 6806,
about your complaint. Complaints can be made to the Legal Ombudsman within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned, or within one year of you realising there was a concern. You must also refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of Jacky’s final response to you. For further information you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on telephone number 0300 555 0333 or at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
9. If Jacky Lewis is away from the office when your complaint is received, then the time limits stated above will be from the date upon which she returns to the office, except that you will receive an acknowledgement within 7 days.
10. If Jacky Lewis has to change any of the time limits set out above for any other reason, she will write to you and explain what time limits she will work to and the reasons for the change.
11. You will not be charged for any correspondence, telephone calls or meetings relating to your complaint.